Incentivize training that promotes diversity
Task Force Recommendation: Create an Inclusive Classroom
Task Force Project: Incentivize faculty and staff to participate in training that promotes diversity, inclusion, accessibility, and cultural competency in the classroom.
Champion: Yojanna Cuenca-Carlino, Jennifer Friberg, Janice Boneville, Angell Howard
Implementation Team Actions
- Established a Culturally Responsive Learning Grant program to support learning activities that promote students' cultural competency in intentionally redesigned courses.
- Revised New Faculty Orientation to include an interactive session on Culturally Responsive Teaching.
- Office of the Provost plans to begin implementing professional development trainings with the Framework for Inclusive Teaching Excellence.
- OEOA plans to expand resources information on the website.
- Continue programming through Human Resources and the Office of Student affairs for faculty and staff.