Inclusive access to resources and funding for recruitment of faculty and staff
Task Force Recommendation: Intentionally Recruit, Select, and Retain Diverse Talent
Task Force Project: Inclusive access to resources and funding for recruitment of faculty and staff
Champion: Janice Bonneville, Lisa Mason
Implementation Team Actions
- Human Resources (HR) created a new unit designed to recruit passive job seekers and provide full search services for high level and hard to fill searches. The unit:
- Found success with advertising with Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCU) publication for openings.
- Continues to use VITAE system, allowing the University to seek out passive job seekers as a means of enhancing applicant pools.
- Engaged in bulk advertising for Higher Ed Jobs, which led to cost savings in advertising, freeing up some funds for other avenues.
- HR reconfigured a staff member's position to include responsibility for coordinating all spousal hire initiatives.
- Human Resources will continue to search for avenues to recruit the top candidates.