Inclusive access to resources and funding for recruitment of faculty and staff
Task Force Recommendation: Intentionally Recruit, Select, and Retain Diverse Talent
Task Force Project: Inclusive access to resources and funding for recruitment of faculty and staff
Champion: Tammy Carlson
Implementation Team Actions
- Human Resources (HR) has found success with advertising with Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCU) publication for openings.
- HR continues to use VITAE system, allowing the University to seek out passive job seekers as a means of enhancing applicant pools.
- HR engaged in bulk advertising for Higher Ed Jobs, which led to cost savings in advertising, freeing up some funds for other avenues.
- HR reconfigured a staff member's position to include responsibility for coordinating all spousal hire initiatives.
- Human Resources plans to evaluate each of these programs annually to assess whether our top candidates are finding us through these avenues. Contracts will be maintained so long as they prove fruitful.