Promote Scholars of Color
Task Force Recommendation: Elevate and Protect the Status of Women
Task Force Project: Promote scholars of color
Champion: Brian Beam, Rachel Hatch
Implementation Team Actions
- Assistant Professor of Psychology Brea Banks' work on microaggressions featured in Identity story.
- Alumni magazine feature on Katherine Woollen ’17 and mother Susan, M.S. ’06, Ph.D. ’15; Redbird Legacy. Katharine was also featured in this Redbird Scholar story .
- Poet Duriel Estelle Harris featured and on the cover of Redbird Scholar.
- Story on Doris Houston winning the David A. Strand Diversity Achievement Award in Report and Identity.
- News release on the Obsidian journal of African diaspora received a grant from the NEA.
- Report previewed the Culturally Responsive Campus Community Conference with news releases and stories in newsletters.
- Continue to highlight the work, research and initiative of scholars on campus, including women scholars of color, in marketing pieces, alumni newsletters, faculty and staff newsletters, media pitches, brochures, and videos.
- Q&A story on Aysen Bakir: A look into the billion dollar business of children’s advertising in the March issue of Redbird Scholar.
- Noha Shawki, of Politics and Government, and Katie Pratt, of University College, will appear in a story about the American Democracy Project in the fall Redbird Impact.
- The fall Redbird Impact feature on Labyrinth Clean Slate project will include interviews with Aparna Idate, Chemistry instructional assistant professor, and Archana Shekara, associate professor of art.
- A Q&A with Aysen Bakir, of the Marketing Department, will appear in the spring Redbird Scholar.
- A story featuring Nobuko Adachi’s work establishing the new Ethnicity and Ethnography Laboratory and Research Center will appear in the fall Redbird Scholar.