Provide gender-inclusive facilities
Task Force Recommendation: Create and Invest in Affirming Spaces for Students of Color
Task Force Project: Provide gender-inclusive facilities
Champion: Tony Walesby
Implementation Team Actions
- Facilities are part of a larger plan from the All-Gender Committee.
- Added a total of 42 all-gender restrooms across campus in 21 buildings.
- Identified a variety of issues unrelated to space such as: where and when "gender" is used in campus systems and documents; preferred name and legal name system issues; need for communication plan regarding the issues.
- Updated map of all-gender facilities on the Office of Equal Opportunity and Access webpage (right-hand column). This accessible map is also uploaded to the ISU Maps webpage.
- Facilities continues to update restrooms as renovation work done.