Review the process of creating search committees
Task Force Recommendation: Recruit and Retain Diverse Faculty and Staff Across the Inclusion Spectrum
Task Force Project: Review the process of creating search committees to ensure diverse groups are represented.
Champion: Janice Bonneville, Jeff Lange, Sam Catanzaro, Lisa Mason
Implementation Team Actions
- Human Resources launched the Search Advocate Program in the fall of 2021 to support faculty and staff searches across campus. The program trains advocates to call in search committee members to build a greater understanding of implicit bia s, and question potential bias in job descriptions, application review, and committee discussions.
- Human resources staff designations as Certified Diversity Recruiters are attended training and spousal hires.
- The Office of Equal Opportunity and Access (OEOA) uploaded the annual Affirmative Action Plan and widely disseminate demographic and other diversity-related data.
- On-going recruitment and work of Search Advocates.
- OEOA will utilize information from the Affirmative Action Plan to meet with all college and department supervisors.