Review the process of creating search committees
Task Force Recommendation: Recruit and Retain Diverse Faculty and Staff Across the Inclusion Spectrum
Task Force Project: Review the process of creating search committees to ensure diverse groups are represented.
Champion: Janice Bonneville, Jeff Lange, Sam Catanzaro, Lisa Mason
Implementation Team Actions
- Human Resources (HR) and the Office of Equal Access and Opportunity (OEOA) met with deans and new department chairs and administrators to talk about diversity in search committees.
- More diversity-related questions added into packets for search committees.
- Human Resources is actively training deans and department chairs on creating more diverse search committees and overcoming biases in the search process.
- Human resources staff are attending training and studying best practices for spousal hires.
- OEOA uploaded the annual Affirmative Action Plan and widely disseminate demographic and other diversity-related data.
- On-going assessment of the effectiveness of training and technical assistance.
- Research best practices to retain faculty, staff and students.