Review the process of creating search committees
Task Force Recommendation: Recruit and Retain Diverse Faculty and Staff Across the Inclusion Spectrum
Task Force Project: Review the process of creating search committees to ensure diverse groups are represented.
Champion: Tammy Carlson, Tony Walesby, Sam Catanzaro
Implementation Team Actions
- Human Resources (HR) and the Office of Equal Access and Opportunity (OEOA) met with deans and new department chairs and administrators to talk about diversity in search committees.
- HR will incorporate Climate Task Force suggestions into the training for search committees.
- More diversity-related questions added into packets for search committees.
- OEOA uploaded the annual Affirmative Action Plan and widely disseminate demographic and other diversity-related data.
- On-going assessment of the effectiveness of training and technical assistance.
- Meeting with WEB to develop webpage on OEOA devoted to educational training and professional development opportunities on campus.
- Research best practices to retain faculty, staff and students.