Search committee and recruitment (Also publicize existing diversity training, merge/coordinate Student Affairs and Academic Affairs recruitment, and data-driven planning and decision making)
Task Force Recommendation: Intentionally Recruit, Select, and Retain Diverse Talent
Task Force Project: Search committee and recruitment (Also publicize existing diversity training, merge/coordinate Student Affairs and Academic Affairs recruitment, and data-driven planning and decision making)
Champion: Tammy Carlson, Collette Homan, Tony Walesby
Implementation Team Actions
- Group made up of representatives from Human Resources (HR), the Office of Equal Access and Opportunity (OEOA), and the Provost's office met to discuss search related recommendation and relevant data.
- The group incorporated suggestions into the training for search committees.
- More diversity-related questions added into packets for search committees.
- OEOA uploaded the annual Affirmative Action Plan and widely disseminate demographic and other diversity-related data.
- On-going assessment of the effectiveness of training and technical assistance.
- Meeting with WEB to develop webpage on OEOA devoted to educational training and professional development opportunities on campus.
- Research best practices to retain faculty, staff and students.