Data Scientist: Business Information Systems in Accounting
This certificate is a three-course program designed to provide additional credentials for individuals who desire to cross train into a new field or enhance their skill set within their current field.
The certificate provides training with programming tools designed specifically for data analysis such as Python programming language and R programming language. Data management will be explored including data preparation, data exploration, data representation, data discovery, and data cleansing. Finally, the application of data analysis tools to existing big data sets will be performed.
University Admission Requirements
A student applying to a graduate certificate program must:
- have earned a four-year bachelor's degree or its equivalent from a college or university that is accredited by the appropriate regional accrediting association, or do so within one academic year
- have had undergraduate training in business and/or have been employed at least one year in a business enterprise.
International students can learn more about specific application requirements by visiting the Office of Admissions.
Additional Program Admission Requirements
Admittance to the program is dependent upon departmental review and approval.
ACC 167 and 168, or IT 150
- Fall Semester Term — Applications accepted on an ongoing basis
- Spring Semester Term — Applications accepted on an ongoing basis
- Summer Semester Term — Applications accepted on an ongoing basis