In the MSBE program, you can customize a plan of study from courses housed within the business education department, and either the MBA program or the College of Education.
After graduation, you will potentially be qualified to teach at a community college or to continue to teach in a K-12 program depending upon the sequence selected. You could also seek a career in the business world.
University Admission Requirements
A student applying to Business Education must:
- have earned a four-year bachelor's degree or its equivalent from a college or university that is accredited by the appropriate regional accrediting association, or do so within one academic year
- present official transcripts from each college or university other than Illinois State at which graduate, undergraduate, or non-degree credit was earned. Transcripts can be emailed from the university to Admissions@IllinoisState.edu or mailed in a sealed envelope to: Office of Admissions, 201 Hovey Hall, Campus Box 2200, Normal, IL 61790-2200
International students can learn more about specific application requirements by visiting the Office of Admissions.
Additional Program Admission Requirements
A student applying to this program must have a 3.0 GPA or higher in the last 60 hours of undergraduate course work.
- Fall Semester Term — July 1
- Spring Semester Term — December 1
- Summer Semester Term — April 1