The Master of Science in Business Education (M.S.B.E.) is a professional degree designed to provide students with the opportunity to develop specialized knowledge in either pedagogy or content. In the pedagogy intensive track, students who are licensed teachers will complete advanced courses in both business education and education. In the content intensive track, students with baccalaureate degrees who are interested in teaching at a community colleges will complete advanced courses in both business education and business. The degree does not lead to teacher licensure. Students who are seeking licensure should complete the B.S. in Business Education.
Discover what life as an Illinois State graduate student is like.
University Admission Requirements
A student applying to Business Education must:
- have earned a four-year bachelor's degree or its equivalent from a college or university that is accredited by the appropriate regional accrediting association, or do so within one academic year
- present official transcripts from each college or university other than Illinois State at which graduate, undergraduate, or non-degree credit was earned. Transcripts can be emailed from the university to Admissions@IllinoisState.edu or mailed in a sealed envelope to: Office of Admissions, 201 Hovey Hall, Campus Box 2200, Normal, IL 61790-2200
International students can learn more about specific application requirements by visiting the Office of Admissions.
Additional Program Admission Requirements
A student applying to this program must have a 3.0 GPA or higher in the last 60 hours of undergraduate course work.
- Fall Semester Term — July 1
- Spring Semester Term — December 1
- Summer Semester Term — April 1