Special Education - Curriculum Adaptation Spec
The Curriculum Adaptation program is a five-course sequence that prepares special education teachers to adapt, augment, and modify curricula to meet the needs of students with disabilities.
The Curriculum Adaptation program is typically completed as part of a Master of Science degree program in the Department of Special Education, combining core courses and electives. The program can also be taken as a stand-alone non-degree program. For additional information and advisement, please contact Megan Baxter or Jane Koscielak, Graduate Program Advisors.
This certificate requires 12-15 credit hours for completion.
University Admission Requirements
A student applying to a graduate certificate program must:
- have earned a four-year bachelor's degree or its equivalent from a college or university that is accredited by the appropriate regional accrediting association, or do so within one academic year
International students can learn more about specific application requirements by visiting the Office of Admissions.
Additional Program Admission Requirements
A student applying to this program must submit:
- current resume
- cover letter outlining professional goals
- letter documenting a minimum of one year of successful teaching experience. This can come from an administrator or HR representative
- official GRE scores if you have less than a cumulative 3.0 GPA on a 4.0 scale (use institution code 1319)
names and email addresses of two references for letters of recommendation within the online application
letters should include
- how long the recommender has known the candidate
- information about the candidate’s professional work experiences
- characteristics the candidate processes which would help them be successful in a graduate program
- candidates should make sure the recommender has information about them and sufficient time to write a comprehensive letter
- letters should include
- screenshot of your "my credentials" page from your Educator Licensure Information System (ELIS) account. Be sure your name and endorsement(s) are visible