Information Technology - Information Assurance and Security
The Information Assurance and Security graduate certificate is designed for IT professionals interested in continuing their education to protect data and information systems. The certificate provides an in-depth study of protecting the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of information using technology, people, and policy.
This certificate requires nine credit hours for completion. Courses in the program are certified by the National Security Agency. Students completing this certificate will also receive certification for the CNSS 4011 national standard.
Point of Pride
The School of Information Technology is designated as a National Center of Academic Excellence in Cyber Defense Education by the National Security Agency and the Department of Homeland Security through 2020.
Dr. Yongning Tang
Old Union 107
Schedule a Visit
Discover what life as an Illinois State graduate student is like.
How to Apply
University Admission Requirements
A student applying to a graduate certificate program must:
- have earned a four-year bachelor's degree or its equivalent from a college or university that is accredited by the appropriate regional accrediting association, or do so within one academic year
- present unofficial transcripts from each college or university other than Illinois State at which graduate, undergraduate, or non-degree credit was earned. The unofficial transcript should be easily readable and clearly indicate degree(s) awarded, courses and course grades for each term. If accepted, official transcripts can be emailed from the university to GraduateAdmissions@IllinoisState.edu or mailed in a sealed envelope to: Illinois State University, Graduate School, 209 Hovey Hall, Campus Box 4040, Normal, IL 61790-4040.
Additional Program Admission Requirements
A student applying to this program must:
- have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale for either the last 60 hours of undergraduate coursework or any previous work in a master's program.
- submit official GRE scores if your GPA is lower than 3.0 (use institutional code 1319)
International students must have a TOEFL score of at least 88 iBT, 230 computer-based, or 570 paper-based; the minimum acceptable IELTS score is 7.0 band.
- Fall Term — March 1 preferred; May 1 final
- Spring Term — September 1 preferred; October 1 final
I Want to Learn More
Request Information Form