Information Technology - Network and Telecommunications Management
The Networking and Telecommunications Management graduate certificate is designed for IT professionals interested in pursuing further professional development in the field.
The program covers analysis of networking requirements as well as design and implementation of network infrastructure that meets user requirements. You also learn modern technologies for the management and automation of networking systems. Other topics include wireless mobile network security or practical telecommunications networking.
This certificate requires 9 credit hours for completion.
Discover what life as an Illinois State graduate student is like.
University Admission Requirements
A student applying to a graduate certificate program must:
- have earned a four-year bachelor's degree or its equivalent from a college or university that is accredited by the appropriate regional accrediting association, or do so within one academic year
- present unofficial transcripts from each college or university other than Illinois State at which graduate, undergraduate, or non-degree credit was earned. The unofficial transcript should be easily readable and clearly indicate degree(s) awarded, courses and course grades for each term. If accepted, official transcripts can be emailed from the university to GraduateAdmissions@IllinoisState.edu or mailed in a sealed envelope to: Illinois State University, Graduate School, 209 Hovey Hall, Campus Box 4040, Normal, IL 61790-4040.
International students can learn more about specific application requirements by visiting the Office of Admissions.
Additional Program Admission Requirements
A student applying this program must:
- submit official GRE Scores if the last 60 hour GPA is less than 3.00 (use institutional code 1319)
- have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale for either the last 60 hours of your undergraduate coursework or any previous work in a Master's program.
International students must have a TOEFL score of at least 88 iBT, 230 computer-based, or 570 paper-based; the minimum acceptable IELTS score is 7.0 band.
- Fall Term — March 1 preferred; May 1 final
- Spring Term — September 1 preferred; October 1 final