Applying to Illinois StateAdmission is only available for the fall semester. The next application period, which will be for fall 2018 enrollment, is September 1, 2017–January 15, 2018. Admission decisions will be released after February 15, 2018.
Fall only admission.
A minimum of 55 credit hours (of which 37 must be IAI General Education) and prerequisite courses must be complete prior to fall enrollment.
Completion of Human Anatomy and Physiology I (BSC 181 or KNR181/183) or Microbiology (BSC 160) with a grade of C or better by the end of the application period (January 15) is required for admission consideration.
Grades of "C" or better for the following courses or their equivalents:
- Chemistry (CHE 110, 112 or 140)
- Statistics (ECO/GEO/POL/PSY 138 or MQM 100 or MAT 150)
- General Psychology (PSY 110)
- Psychology through the Lifespan (PSY 213)
- Microbiology (BSC 160)
- Anatomy and Physiology I (BSC 181 or KNR 181/183)
- Anatomy and Physiology II (BSC 182 or KNR 182/184)
- Nutrition (FCS 102)
- Medical Terminology (HSC 105)
Consider completing an approved Illinois State AMALI (non-western) course prior to enrollment into nursing. Although this course may be completed following admission, earlier completion will allow for a reduced workload upon entrance.
Please visit Nursing.IllinoisState.edu for more information.