Applying to Illinois State
Admission is only available for the fall semester with an application period of September 1-January 15. Admission decisions will be released after March 1.
Required Courses for Admission
A minimum of 55 credit hours (of which 37 must be IAI General Education) and prerequisite courses must be complete prior to fall enrollment.
Completion of Human Anatomy and Physiology I (BSC 181 or KNR 181/183) or Microbiology (BSC 160) with a grade of C or better by the end of the application period (January 15) is required for admission consideration.
Grades of "C" or better for the following courses or their equivalents:
- Chemistry (CHE 110, 112 or 140)
- Statistics (ECO/GEO/POL/PSY 138 or MQM 100 or MAT 150)
- General Psychology (PSY 110)
- Psychology through the Lifespan (PSY 213)
- Microbiology (BSC 160)
- Anatomy and Physiology I (BSC 181 or KNR 181/183)
- Anatomy and Physiology II (BSC 182 or KNR 182/184)
- Nutrition (FCS 102)
- Medical Terminology (HSC 105)
Recommended Courses for Admission
To find the course equivalencies at an Illinois community college, please review our Course Articulation Guides.
Consider completing an approved Illinois State AMALI (non-western) course prior to enrollment into nursing. Although this course may be completed following admission, earlier completion will allow for a reduced workload upon entrance.
Please visit Nursing.IllinoisState.edu for more information.