Applying to Illinois State
Admission is only available for the fall semester. The next application period, which will be for fall 2019 enrollment, is September 1, 2018-January 15, 2019. Admission decisions will be released after March 1, 2019.
A minimum of 55 credit hours (of which 37 must be IAI General Education) and prerequisite courses must be complete prior to fall enrollment.
Completion of Human Anatomy and Physiology I (BSC 181 or KNR181/183) or Microbiology (BSC 160) with a grade of C or better by the end of the application period (January 15) is required for admission consideration.
Grades of "C" or better for the following courses or their equivalents:
- Chemistry (CHE 110, 112 or 140)
- Statistics (ECO/GEO/POL/PSY 138 or MQM 100 or MAT 150)
- General Psychology (PSY 110)
- Psychology through the Lifespan (PSY 213)
- Microbiology (BSC 160)
- Anatomy and Physiology I (BSC 181 or KNR 181/183)
- Anatomy and Physiology II (BSC 182 or KNR 182/184)
- Nutrition (FCS 102)
- Medical Terminology (HSC 105)
To find the course equivalencies at an Illinois community college, please review our Course Articulation Guides.
Consider completing an approved Illinois State AMALI (non-western) course prior to enrollment into nursing. Although this course may be completed following admission, earlier completion will allow for a reduced workload upon entrance.
Please visit Nursing.IllinoisState.edu for more information.