The graduate certificate in Organizational Leadership provides students with a graduate-level experience in the topic of organizational leadership and addresses critical elements of the leadership function in contemporary organizations.
This certificate requires 12 credit hours for completion.
- Analysis of Organizational Behavior (MBA 421)
- Organization Leadership (MQM 482)
Pick two courses from:
- Dynamics of Negotiation (MQM 440)
- Applied Organizational Leadership (MQM 483)
- Building High Performance Organizations (MQM 484)
Point of Pride
The Department of Accounting at Illinois State University includes Business Information Systems faculty in our department. We have the expertise to blend accounting and information systems for the careers of the future. Our faculty specialize in data analysis, programming, and project management.
Discover what life as an Illinois State graduate student is like.
University Admission Requirements
A student applying to a graduate certificate program must:
- have earned a four-year bachelor's degree or its equivalent from a college or university that is accredited by the appropriate regional accrediting association, or do so within one academic year
- present unofficial transcripts from each college or university other than Illinois State at which graduate, undergraduate, or non-degree credit was earned. The unofficial transcript should be easily readable and clearly indicate degree(s) awarded, courses and course grades for each term. If accepted, official transcripts can be emailed from the university to GraduateAdmissions@IllinoisState.edu or mailed in a sealed envelope to: Illinois State University, Graduate School, 209 Hovey Hall, Campus Box 4040, Normal, IL 61790-4040.
International students can learn more about specific application requirements by visiting the Office of Admissions.
Additional Program Admission Requirements
- Current resume highlighting accomplishments and at least one year of relevant professional experience
- Statement of purpose addressing your interests and what you hope to gain professionally after completing this certificate
- Two letters of recommendation, at least one must be a professional from a current or immediate place of employment
- Summer Term — April 1
- Fall Term — July 1
- Spring Term — December 1