The skills you acquire as a Professional Sales sequence student wil provide you with the foundation to be a successful Sales Professoin in the Business-to-Business world. As a Professional Sales sequence student
- You will learn how to use critical thinking and reasoning skills for enhanced problem solving
- Develop confidence in your ability to interact with prospects/customers
- Develop negotiation skill to negotiate for a win-win outcome
- Ability to use analytical skills to gain a deeper understanding of your customer's business and needs.
The demand for sales professionals is rapidly increasing, and it has been challenging for companies to recruit sales professionals who can contribute to their success immediately. Students who graduate from the Professional Sales sequence are knowledgeable and skilled in positively contributing to companies and society. Students will enhance their selling skills by actively learning as they will be engaged in recorded sales role-plays, case studies, sales projects, sales internships, and sales cometitions.
- Industrial Sales
- Consumer Product Sales
- Financial Services Sales
- Services Sales
- Advertising Sales
- Profit and nonprofit organizations
- Product and service organizations
- Financial companies
- Insurance companies
- Print and electronic media
- Consulting firms
- Obtain experience through internships or sales jobs.
- Must be highly motivated and well organized.
- Proven leadership abilities are desirable.
- Develop a strong commitment to customer satisfaction.
- Must work well under pressure and be comfortable in a competitive environment.
- Customer Service
Businesses providing products or services to the public or to other organizations.
- Develop problem solving skills, self-confidence, assertiveness, empathy, and stamina.
- Government organizations
- Large companies
- Educational institutions
- Supplement program with courses in logistics and purchasing.
- Store Management
- Department stores
- Specialty stores
- Discount stores
- Super retailers
- Present a consistent, pleasant, and service-oriented image to customers.
- Develop leadership ability and customer service skills.
- Demonstrate ability to work well under stressful conditions and as part of a team.
- Gain knowledge of the process of merchandise flow, an overview of signing, pricing, and presentation, and the ability to plan, organize, and lead.
- Develop ability to communicate in a concise manner.
- Be prepared to start as a trainee before advancing to other positions.
- Commercial Lending
- Branch Management
- Commercial bank
- Credit unions
- Savings and loan associations
- Savings banks
- MBA required for most positions related to investment banking.
- Consumer goods
- Some service providers
- Some industrial goods
- Obtain a broad background in advertising, research, consumer behavior, and strategy.
- Plan on pursuing an MBA for most brand management, consulting, and research opportunities.
Advertising Account Executive
• Advertising Copywriter
• Advertising Production Manager
• Advertising Traffic Coordinator
• Artist Manager
• Business Marketer
• Circulation Manager
• Consumer Affairs Director
• Direct Mail Specialist
• Director – Research and Development
• Director of Marketing
• Distribution Management
• Fund Raiser
• Import – Export agent
• Management Trainee
• Market Research Analyst
• Market Research Interviewer
• Media Buyer
• Media Time Sales Representative
• Merchandise Manager
• On-Line Marketer
• Outplacement Specialist
• Pharmaceutical Sales Representative
• Purchasing Agent
• Retail Store Manager
• Sales Manager
• Sales Promoter
• Sales Representative
• Technical Communicator