Women's and Gender Studies
The graduate certificate in Women's and Gender Studies is an option for students whose interest in women and gender issues leads them toward particular courses and thesis topics in their department/school and for those who seek further work in interdisciplinary feminist theory and methods.
This graduate certificate requires 12 credit hours for completion. Students must complete WGS 400, either WGS 490 or ENG 460, and six elective credits.
Point of Pride
University Admission Requirements
Students applying to a graduate certificate program must:
- have earned a four-year bachelor's degree or its equivalent from a college or university that is accredited by the appropriate regional accrediting association, or do so within one academic year
International students can learn more about specific application requirements by visiting the Office of Admissions.
Additional Program Admission Requirements
A student applying to this program must:
- have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale for either the last 60 hours of undergraduate coursework or any previous work in a master's program
- provide a resume including contact information, previous graduate and/or undergraduate studies, previous coursework in Women's and Gender Studies, and all work experiences since high school
- provide official transcripts from each higher education institution attended
- provide an official TOEFL/ILETS Score (if applying as an international student)
- Fall (August) Term — May 1
- Spring (January) Term — October 1
- Summer (May/June) Term — April 1