Business Administration (MBA): Panama Program
We’re proud to partner with Quality Leadership University to bring our MBA program to Panama City, Panama residents.
Our Panama MBA option is for working professionals in Panama City.
Courses are taught by Illinois State professors in a blended, accelerated format. Each course is five-weeks long. You’ll meet face-to-face every day during the second and fourth week of the course. The rest of the course content is delivered online.
You’ll earn your MBA from Illinois State in 22 months.
Other MBA Options
Traditional Program: Earn an MBA as a full or part-time student with the freedom to choose your own electives.
Corporate Program (CMBA): This option offers a flexible, accelerated way for working professionals to earn an advanced degree in business.
Point of Pride
The College of Business is among the elite top 2 percent of business schools in the world to have both business and accounting accreditation from the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB) International.
This incredible partnership with QLU lets you earn a US degree without disrupting your personal and professional lives by relocating to the United States.
University Admission Requirements
A student applying to a master's program must:
- have earned a four-year bachelor's degree or its equivalent from a college or university that is accredited by the appropriate regional accrediting association, or do so within one academic year
- present official transcripts from each college or university other than Illinois State at which graduate, undergraduate, or non-degree credit was earned. Transcripts can be emailed from the university to Admissions@IllinoisState.edu or mailed in a sealed envelope to: Office of Admissions, 201 Hovey Hall, Campus Box 2200, Normal, IL 61790-2200
International students can learn more about specific application requirements by visiting the Office of Admissions.
Additional Program Admission Requirements
To be considered for this program, you must meet the following requirements.
A cumulative GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale for either the last 60 hours of your undergraduate coursework or any previous work in a master's program is preferred.
Reference Contact Information
Submit the names and email addresses of two references for letters of recommendation within the online application.
Upload your current resume that describes your professional experience.
Submit an essay that includes the following information:
- Your professional goals and how the MBA degree will help you achieve them
- An explanation of what you gained professionally and/or personally from the experiences detailed in your resume (1 -2 paragraphs)
Submit your official GMAT scores or a completed petition to waive the requirement
Indicate which MBA option interests you:
- Traditional MBA Program (regular full-time or part-time, on-campus program)
- Corporate MBA Program (non-traditional weekend program)
- Panama MBA Program (for Panama City, Panama working professionals)
English Proficiency Scores (International Students Only)
The minimum score for the iBT TOEFL (or its equivalent) is 80 or above, though the program recommends a score of 90 or better. The IELTS will be considered in place of the TOEFL.
- Fall Term — August 1
Assistantships are not available for this program.
Students pursuing a Panama MBA will pay all tuition and fees to Quality Leadership University in Panama. Please contact that institution regarding cost.